Down the Beaten Path

Down the Beaten Path

Friday, March 21, 2014

Cooking Outside

 
Cooking outside is something I really like today. With our weather we could probably do it year round but spring and fall are my favorite times of year and so my favorite time to do it.
Another thing I really like is the magazine Mary Janes Farm and in one of my past editions I found this wonderful recipe. We loved it.

Campfire Succotash (changed by me some)
Start cooking 1/2 lb bacon cooking till its crispy add onion and garlic till the onions are cooked about 2-3 minutes.
 
Then add 1 diced zucchini and 1 red bell pepper diced cook 2-3 minutes.

 
add 2 cups corn I used frozen organic corn that I thawed in water. Add salt pepper and cook until heated through.
 
The original recipe had lima beans in it I didn't have those so I just did what I had and it was so good with a hamburger and another salad made with cabbage. 



No comments:

Post a Comment