Down the Beaten Path

Down the Beaten Path

Thursday, November 14, 2013

Pinto Beans

 
Why is it this time of year we crave thick hearty stews comfort foods? The foods we eat this time of year don't go well any other time of the year they just don't taste as good. Well I have been craving beans lately meatless stuff or at least small amounts of meat.
 
Hubby isn't the happiest with this but oh well I am doing to cooking and I make sure there is some meat.
 
I looked for something to do with pinto beans besides refried beans and I came across this recipe
 
And since I had soaked beans the night before with a little apple cider vinegar to help us digest all the goodness in them I decided this sounded good and easy. I through it all inthe crockpot and went to work.

Seasonings for the kids to add before I came home.

 
Cornbread I made before I left.
 
And it was yummy with a green salad very yummy indeed and warm on the tummy.

No comments:

Post a Comment