Down the Beaten Path

Down the Beaten Path

Monday, March 3, 2014

Sugar Free Banana Bread

  This weekend I had a small pile of bananas I needed, well wanted to do something with but I didn't want to use sugar since the recipe I usually make is so sugary. Though I did add mini chocolate chips to it so some sugar but not as much.

  It is pretty good not sugary at all my other recipes you can definately taste the sugar it is a little over powering actually. This one is sweetened with prunes and bananas and is mild very good.

  I bought this book, above, a few years ago when I was in a little shop I loved but it closed....bummer. And have learned a lot from it for cooking and tried some of the recipes.

  Banana Bread
In a blender add
4 eggs and a 1/2 cup of prunes
 
Pour this into a bowl after its blended
 
Add...
1 stick butter, melted
4 c whole wheat flour
1 tsp salt
2 tsp baking soda
2 tsp vanilla
6 large bananas, mashed
1 c walnuts, chopped I did not add these but 1 cup mini chocolate chips.
 
Mix it up and put into 2 greased loaf pans. Bake at 350 for 50-60 minutes.
 

 
You'll have 2 yummy loafs of banana bread made with yummy goodness without the all that sugar. It will be a bread not a cake. My other recipe is like a cake to me full of sugar.
 



No comments:

Post a Comment