Down the Beaten Path

Down the Beaten Path

Saturday, October 19, 2013

Interesting Reads

I like to read I don't read as much as I used to since sitting down to do it takes times which I seem to not have much of.
 
But while I was reading the other morning on Down to Earth I found a couple of blog posts that I wanted to share.
 
I think being educated isn't just going to school and getting a degree in some field though now that I think of it, that might make you narrow minded in just your field. I think truly educating yourself is filling your mild from many fields learning from everything, reading and soaking up from all walks of life.
 
I like to do that though I don't do as well as I have in the past I've gotten lazy I hope to remedy that soon.
 
At Provenance Growers I saw a glimpse into what I want to do with pigs and hope to this winter but probably won't be till this spring. This is a topic I want to learn more about before I just jump, pasture raising pigs. We've only raised them in a pen they were fun but tasty but I want them healthy, happy, and work for me while their here. I can raise pigs but now I want to cultivate pigs take it to the next level.
 
And at this one, Homegrown.org I learned that certain kinds of poop can be used for the best affect on your garden. I just throw it all in but this organized more and taught me a few thinks I didn't know.
 
Enjoy
 
 

1 comment:

  1. I agree with you wholeheartedly! It is so true - education does not have to come from a degree! I love learning from books - and what a special time we live in that we can read, watch, and do so many things now to learn and grow! It's so neat!

    ReplyDelete