Down the Beaten Path

Down the Beaten Path

Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Toes in the dirt

Autumn, I love it, feelings of nesting come on strong, the fresh clean air, the smell of wood smoke on the cool crisp air, having all the windows open makes for very restful nights. And the colors are differnet as the world starts packing things up getting ready for a nice long rest.

But here in the south we can still grow something in the garden and we recently had some dozer work done to clear our property. We decided to take the opportunity to turn over the fresh ground and start a new area to grow our winter crops.

Dirty toes in the nice cool dirt as I sift thru it to pull out roots left over from trees that were taken down.

Early the next day I was out there again with Pippin my cat who loves running around in the garden while I work.


Pippin and I found Mr Toad as well. Can you see him? We moved him into an area where he'd be safe.

No comments:

Post a Comment