Down the Beaten Path

Down the Beaten Path

Thursday, October 17, 2013

Sour Dough

 
I like to make sour dough foods, bread I have not mastered but biscuits, crackers, even a chocolate cake are all things that I make. I haven't been able to really cook in awhile with being so busy but now things are slowing down and I have been able to make sour dough pancakes and the other day I made a batch of crackers and biscuits.

I used my smallest biscuit cutter to make the crackers usually I roll the dough out flat and cut into squares with a pizza cutter but I wanted round ones this time. I added a triple seed combo from NOW that we sell at work it has chia seeds, flax seeds, and hemp hearts. I love putting it in smoothies but it worked just as good in the crackers.

 
And biscuits they were yummy toasted with butter. Eating homemade food is always a treat so many people have forgotten what real food is and opt for the boxed stuff and cooking is an art that is being lost by the average person.

No comments:

Post a Comment